When it comes to designing websites, many of our design decisions are driven by data. Tools such as Google Analytics, Mouseflow and many many more can help us identify what works and what doesn’t. We get an insight into what our users what and more importantly, don’t want!
In the below infographic, I explore 13 statistics to aid you with your some of your decision-making on your next web design project.
- 40% of consumers will leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load
- 68% will leave when your site takes more than 5 seconds to load
- 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with site performance say they’re less likely to purchase from the same site again
- 44% of website visitors will leave a company’s website if there’s no contact information or phone number
- 72% of people entrusted online reviews just as much as personal recommendations
- 78% of B2B buyers use case studies when researching purchases
- 86% Once on a company’s homepage, 86% of visitors want to see information about that company’s products/services
- Mobile devices are projected to reach 79% of global internet use by the end of 2018
- 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile
- 8/10 of consumers would stop engaging with a site if its content doesn’t display properly on their device
- Bullet lists engaged 70% of users, whereas 55% of customers were engaged on content which lacks bullet listings
- 36% of visitors will click on the company’s logo to reach the homepage
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive